Day 5: Graz - Split 395 miles

On the road at 8 am and soon it started to rain, so on with the BMW 1 piece rainsuit, didn't take long to get to the Slovenian border on the road to Maribor, then into Croatia, past Zagreb, headed on the motorway until the exit for Senj before the rain stopped. Then down a twisty road to the coastal town of Senj and my first view of the Adriatic Sea.

From there I followed the coast road until stopping for lunch at a road side restaurant and a superb fish meal. I love Mediterranean style cooking using fresh ingredients cooked in olive oil, garlic, herbs etc. and I was not disappointed, this was going to be a great few days.

I carried on down the coast until Sibenik where I looked for somewhere to stay for the night. There are lots of signs on private houses showing rooms or Zimmer, so I was confident I would find somewhere, but wherever I tried they were not keen on me staying only 1 night, I did find one room but they wanted 25 euro which I felt was a bit steep for what was a dingy room, so I pressed on to Split and found a 3 star hotel for the night. What an exiting cosmopolitan city Split is, I enjoyed my brief stay there.

No comments: