Day 2 Frankfurt -Brno 485 miles

Day 2 perfect blue sky, so an early breakfast and on the road, what an amazing road system the German Autobahn is, I set the cruise control to 110 mph and the BMW chews through the miles. What a rush travelling at 100 mph + at 7.45 am.

The bike feels amazing, fast and responsive, it knows its on home soil, its so easy to ride quickly, I set the suspension to sport and start to explore the upper speed capabilities of the bike, bear in mind I am fully loaded with clothes and tools etc for a 10 day trip. At an indicated 140 mph, it weaves a little, I experiment with sitting position and find if I keep my weight forwards its more stable. Mile after mile at amazing speeds, I can't believe its still legal. Soon I'm at the Czech border so I head for Prague for lunch, quick ride round this historic city then I take a slight detour to the Church of Bones at Kutna Hora www.kostnice.cz


Then back on the motorway to Brno and my Hotel. I get there at about 6pm.

No comments: